THINGS TO DO AND PLACES TO GO
IN THE SAN JUAN ISLANDS
* Play golf or tennis at San Juan Island Golf & Country Club.
* Visit the library.
* Be a spectator at school sporting or scholastic events.
* Go bird watching.
* Go dancing.
* Get some friends together and barbecue a salmon on the beach, (an island favorite).
* Watch the stars and identify constellations in our clear night sky.
* Have fun at the bowling alley & arcade in Friday Harbor.
* Take classes at our local Skagit Valley College campus.
* Go for a picnic.
* Invite friends to the beach.
* Go kayaking.
* Go sailing.
* Go for breakfast, lunch, dinner or coffee and one of our many great restaurants and coffee shops.
* Check out a new restaurant.
* Go to Wednesday open night at the Bella Luna.
* Go tubing/water skiing at Sportsman’s Lake.
* Have a movie night at your house.
* Have a game night at your house.
* Have a dinner party at your house.
* Hike Mt. Constitution on Orcas Island, the highest point in the islands, and then relax at nearby Rosario Resort.
* See top-notch plays at the San Juan Community Theatre.
* Go to a movie at The Palace Theater.
* Take the kids to the playgrounds at Sunken Park or the Fairgrounds.
* Hike Mt. Young for an incredible view of the islands.
* Explore historic English Camp, American Camp and Roche Harbor. See photos of an actual pot of gold found at English Camp in the 1960’s or cannon balls found at American Camp.
* Walk for miles at South Beach.
* Do the loop at American Camp, walking through the woods and by the three lagoons on the inside and then see the spectacular views over the straits traversing along the Mt. Finlayson trail on the outside.
* Check out the Cattle Point Lighthouse,
* Wade and discover sea life at False Bay or Jackson’s Beach.
* Go whale watching at Whale Watch Park/Limekiln Lighthouse.
* Ride bikes on each of the ferry served islands.
* Work out at one of the health clubs.
* Play tennis at the high school courts.
* Go fly a kite.
* Play volleyball at the beach.
* Learn how to scuba dive.
* Look at all the interesting boats at the Port of Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor docks.
* Charter a boat or plane to see the islands.
* Go get clams, oysters, crab and prawns.
* Go fishing. Salmon, bottom fish and lake fish.
* Pick oysters at Westcott Bay Sea Farms.
* Experience Westcott Bay Reserve Sculpture Park.
* Check out all the things you can do through our Island Rec programs.
* Take art classes.
* Visit the Whale Museum, the San Juan Historical Museum and the San Juan Island Museum of Art.
* Explore other islands.
THINGS YOU CAN DO CLOSE BY
* Snow ski at one of the many nearby mountain ski areas.
* Experience the endless flowers and plants at Butchard Gardens on Vancouver Island.
* Go to a nearby city. We’re so lucky to live in a small, safe town but be near 2 major cities and two smaller cities. (Seattle, Vancouver B.C., Bellingham or Victoria B.C.).
* Take a day or two and go to a Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders or college game.
THE BEST THING TO DO
* INVEST IN LIVING OUR LIFESTYLE BY ACQUIRING PROPERTY THROUGH COLDWELL BANKER SAN JUAN ISLANDS, INC.